The COVID-19 pandemic has been hugely disruptive to daily life for everyone across the world. For our students, one of the biggest questions is whether the insurance exams are still taking place. We have received information today that yes, the Saskatchewan insurance exams are have restarted.
SASKATCHEWAN INSURANCE EXAMS DURING COVID-19
The I.B.A.S. has done a great job of ensuring the exams remain accessible to students with appropriate measures in place to ensure the safety of all involved. Right now, students have 2 options to write the exam.
OPTION 1 – IN-PERSON EXAMS IN REGINA
If you live in or near Regina, you can also choose to write at their location in Regina near Parliament Place.
OPTION 2 – PROCTORED EXAMS IN SASKATCHEWAN
If you are unable to make it to Regina to write the exams in-person or if that is not an option for you, you can also get the exam proctored. Here are some locations where you can find a proctor:
- Educational Institution (ie. an accredited college or university – ask to speak with their continuing education department about proctoring services)
- Government Office (ie. a Service Canada office or Government Exam Centre)
- An Insurance Brokerage (your exam will be proctored by the brokerage’s nominee)
Most of these exam options were already available previously so there is no huge change here.
Students can book their exams through the I.B.A.S. portal. If you do not have an account on their website, you must register for one to access the exam registration form.
For information on other provinces that are currently offering exams, see:
- BC insurance exam procedures during COVID-19
- Ontario COVID-19 insurance exam procedures
- Alberta in-person insurance exam procedures during COVID-19
If you don’t see your province here, you can sign up to our email list for COVID-19 exam updates as we learn more. You can also check our blog regularly for updates.